Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the gun and holster at the top of the homepage. The gun is a Smith & Wesson Model 29-3 .44 Magnum, nickel plated with a 4" barrel. The grips are stag, and has a polished Tyler T-Grip adaptor. It was a gift from my wife, who found it unfired, like new in the box. You've gotta love a woman like that!

The holster is made by Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged. It is his Loaded Pancake, with optional thumb break. It carries 6 extra rounds on the holster itself, in this case CCI Blazer 44 Special, loaded with 200 grain Gold Dot jacketed hollow points. Rob has made most of my leather gear for the last 3 years or so, and I can't find fault with any of it.

1 comment:

  1. Slight correction: those rounds are my handloads, they are 250 grain Keith Semi Wadcutters, my normal working load. They shoot to point of aim/point of impact at 25 yards.

    ReplyDelete